There are several ways through which people can accidentally make contact with asbestos:
- Work exposure: asbestos has been used in order create a lot of industrial products like floors, cement, and even textiles.
- Environmental exposure: People can be exposed to naturally occurring asbestos as it can be found in certain rocks. Therefore, the incidence of the disease is higher in the areas where mining is occurring.
- Indirect exposure: if a member of the family works with asbestos, the others are indirectly exposed to it through the asbestos dust, which remains on the clothes and hair of the worker.
- Asbestos in constructions: a lot of materials used for buildings around 1985 may contain asbestos.
- Erionite: erionite is a mineral, which is known to be a mesothelioma cause and has similar properties to asbestos.
We wanted a resource where people who are looking for better help can find it, because one of the issues that I have found is that the diagnosis takes a little bit, some people don’t know if they are diagnosed or not. This is something that it is important enough, that is why I wanted to put the information together.