The methods used for retrieving biopsies are the following:
- Fine-needle aspiration: cells are extracted through a thin needle and a syringe.
- Thoracoscopy: samples are taken with a tube, which is equipped with a small camera and inserted through the chest wall.
- Incisional method: this technique is similar to the fine-needle aspiration but the needle is wider in order to get a larger sample.
- Mediastinoscopy: similar to thoracoscopy but the tube is inserted through an incision made at the level of the neck.
- Excisional method: the samples are taken from the tumor after it is fully removed from the body
We wanted a resource where people who are looking for better help can find it, because one of the issues that I have found is that the diagnosis takes a little bit, some people don’t know if they are diagnosed or not. This is something that it is important enough, that is why I wanted to put the information together.